Alder Lumber Pack
Project Packs 10 or 25 Board Feet
• Grade: Superior Alder
• Widths: 3-10″
• Lengths: 8-12′
• Weight: approx. 2.8lbs/bf
Alder Lumber, or Red Alder:
• Reddish brown virtually no color change from heartwood to sapwood
• Straight grain that tends to be very subtle
• widths can range from 4inches to 15 inches although boards over 10 inches are less common especially in 8/4 stock.
• Lengths go up 10 feet and some 12 foot stock is available from time to time.
• Alder stains, finishes well and is very workable
1-1/8″ – 1-3/16″ Rough
1-7/16″ – 1-7/16″ Rough
Common uses are cabinets, cabinet framing, furniture, doors, mouldings & musical instruments for its light weight & sound qualities.
Alder Lumber Pack | 10bf | 25bf – You can specify widths & lengths in the order notes. Please use our board foot calculator to see what sizes fits within your request.
NOTE: If a Luthier and you make guitars or other instrument we have a special reserve of 8/4 boards ranging from 7 inches to 10″ and 13-15 inches pieces are available. Contact Us with your needs we are happy to verify stock & quality.
For specific widths & lengths please ad sizes in order notes at checkout.
These notes are based off of the Superior Grade Alder Lumber which we are offering online for sale. We do offer other grades of Alder Lumber and you can find detailed grading standards along with what to expect in each grade by visiting our friends at Cascade Hardwood.
If your interest in more of the details on how lumber is graded you read all about it in NHLA Rules Book.
Alder Lumber Characteristics
- Superior Grade
- May contain closed knots, 80% or more of the board is clear on one side and the back side must be over 66% clear.
- Pin Knots are not considered a defect
- Scientific Name: Alnus rubra
- Kiln Dried
- Weight is approximately 2.5lbs per board foot
4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4
Rough, S2S & SL1E, S4S
All stocked items will ship or be ready for will call 1-2 business day after purchase. Multiple purchases can be combined for lower shipping rates. Please contact Cherokee Wood Products for shipping quotes to AK, HA & Canada. Additional charges apply for shipping to PO Boxes & APO/FPO/DPO. Please contact Cherokee Wood Products for more details. We reserve the right to change shipping carriers to provide you the lowest shipping rate available. You may provide your own carrier. For over sized loads and large quantities please contact Cherokee Wood Products Customer Service for the most accurate shipping rate. Contact Us