Hard Maple Lumber Pack
$87.00 – $220.00
Project Packs 10 and 25 Board Feet
• Grade: Select & Better Hard Maple
• Widths: 4-12″
• Lengths: 6-16′
• Weight: approx. 3.75lbs/bf
Hard Maple Lumber, or Sugar Maple and Rock Maple
• The sapwood that can vary from almost white to a creamy color off white that might even have a reddish or golden hue.
• The heartwood is usually a dark red brownish color with straight grain.
• Maple is a dense lumber. It weighs roughly 3.75lbs per board foot making it lighter than white and red oak.
• It is difficult to stain due to its lack of pores and density.
4/4 Thicknesses 1″ Rough 25/32″ S2S&SL1E S4S you name it
1-3/16″ Rough 1″ S2S&SL1E
S4S you name it
6/4 Thicknesses 1-7/16″ Rough 1-1/4″ S2S&SL1E S4S you name it
8/4 Thicknesses 1-15/16″ Rough 1-13/16″ S2S&SL1E S4S you name it
Hard Maple Lumber Pack | 10bf | 25bf
You can specify widths & lengths in the order notes. Please use our board foot calculator to see what sizes fits within your request.
Maple Lumber is a favored lumber to make cutting boards, woodworking benches, and cabinets. It is also used in specialty items likes guitar neck, knife handles and pens. Since the maple lumber is so dense and resistant to denting. It is also used for Hardwood Flooring, stairs and stair parts.
We stock Hard Maple Lumber in all thickness up to 16/4 with widths range from 3 inches to 13 inches and wider. Lengths can be anywhere from 6 feet to 16 feet. For customers that need shipping UPS requires all boards to be 8′ or less. We can ship any lengths you need via Freight carry for larger orders.
Workability: Hard Maple Lumber is easygoing to work with when turning, glueing and machining. Maple does have a tendency to burn when you machine it on high speeds.
Finishes and stains well. Since it is a less porous lumber, Hard Maple does absorb stain but can be blotchy. Consult your local paint shop for best practices.
For specific widths & lengths please ad sizes in order notes at checkout.
Hard Maple Lumber
We offer Select & Better grade of Hard Maple Lumber for our online and retail sales. Select & better grade requires at least 80 percent or more clear wood on one face. 60 percent or more on the backside of the board. Check out Cascade Harwood they did a great job describing the grade along with visuals.
If your interest in more of the details on how hard maple lumber gets graded you read all about it in NHLA Rules Book.
Hard Maple Lumber Characteristics
- Select & Better Grade
- Scientific Name: Acer saccharum
- Kiln Dried
- Weight is approximately 3.75lbs per board foot
4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4
Rough, S2S & SL1E, S4S
All stocked items will ship or be ready for will call 1-2 business day after purchase. Multiple purchases can be combined for lower shipping rates. Please contact Cherokee Wood Products for shipping quotes to AK, HA & Canada. Additional charges apply for shipping to PO Boxes & APO/FPO/DPO. Please contact Cherokee Wood Products for more details. We reserve the right to change shipping carriers to provide you the lowest shipping rate available. You may provide your own carrier. For over sized loads and large quantities please contact Cherokee Wood Products Customer Service for the most accurate shipping rate. Contact Us
Hardwood & Dimensional Lumber
• 20bf or less will be shipped at a max length of 46". If you need longer lengths an additional $13.50 fee will apply. • 20bf or more can be shipped at a maximum length of 94".Following UPS guidelines we can ship up to 150lbs per package with outside dimensions equal or less than: Length (in) + 2x Width (in) + 2x Height (in) = less than 130" • For orders that exceed the above can be shipped in multiple packages for small volumes or can shipped via Freight carrier contact us for freight shipping quote & volume discounts.
Hardwood & MDF Mouldings• Following UPS guidelines we can ship up to 150lbs per package with outside dimensions equal or less than 95″ x 8″ x 8″. Orders under 300ft will be shipped in multiple packages. • For orders of 300ft or more they can be shipped Freight in your choice of 8′ or 16′ lengths contact us for freight shipping quote & volume discounts
PlywoodFollowing UPS guidelines we can ship up to 150lbs per package with outside dimensions equal or less than: Length (in) + 2x Width (in) + 2x Height (in) = less than 130"
We can cut down sheets to meet the above guidelines to the sizes of your choice. Please place cut sizes in order notes, we will contact you to confirm your order. • For orders that exceed the above can be shipped in multiple packages for small volumes or can shipped via Freight carrier contact us for freight shipping quote & volume discounts.