$0.00 – $1.99
Light tan to reddish brown
contains open & closed knots, bark pockets and checking providing a rustic look.
Qty 1 = 1 Board Foot
Minimum Purchase of 10BF
Knotty Alder Lumber shares the same color and grain pattern as Superior Alder the only difference is that what would be considered defects in the superior grade is now called character providing a unique rustic looking. This lumber is mainly used to build furniture, cabinets and other framing applications. Knotty Alder is a great money saving alternative to Superior Alder if you only need narrow and short length piece.
Rustic traits you’ll find in Knotty Alder Lumber:
• Open and closed knots sizes will vary from pinhole knots to over an inch wide open knots
• Bark Pockets – bark that is partly or completely enclosed in the board
• Checking – surfaced stress cracks going across the grain mainly caused by seasoning
• Shake – separation along the grain
Knotty Alder Lumber
- Premium/Rustic/Character Grade
- Rough thickness 15/16″
- S2S & SL1E thickness 25/32″
- Contains open & closed knots providing a rustic look.
- Scientific Name: Alnus rubra
- Kiln Dried
- Weight is approximately 2.5lbs per board foot
For specific widths & lengths please ad sizes in order notes at checkout.
If your interest in more of the details on how lumber is graded you read all about it in NHLA Rules Book.
Knotty Alder Lumber Characteristics
We Knotty Alder in the following Grades in 8-10ft lengths widths will be on the narrow side 3 inches to 7 inches:
Cabinet, Jacket Board, Custom Shop, Premium Frame, K Strips, Rustic and standard frame.
For detailed analysis on how the grades different visit our friends at Cascade Hardwood and use their grading online grading tool.
Knotty Alder Lumber is softer than most hardwoods and can be machine and tooled very easily. This is a great inexpensive product for project that don’t require long cuts.
Knotty Alder sands well, glues and stains very nicely.
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 1 in|
Rough, S2S & SL1E, S4S
All stocked items will ship or be ready for will call 1-2 business day after purchase. Multiple purchases can be combined for lower shipping rates. Please contact Cherokee Wood Products for shipping quotes to AK, HA & Canada. Additional charges apply for shipping to PO Boxes & APO/FPO/DPO. Please contact Cherokee Wood Products for more details. We reserve the right to change shipping carriers to provide you the lowest shipping rate available. You may provide your own carrier. For over sized loads and large quantities please contact Cherokee Wood Products Customer Service for the most accurate shipping rate. Contact Us
Hardwood & Dimensional Lumber
• 20bf or less will be shipped at a max length of 46". If you need longer lengths an additional $13.50 fee will apply. • 20bf or more can be shipped at a maximum length of 94".Following UPS guidelines we can ship up to 150lbs per package with outside dimensions equal or less than: Length (in) + 2x Width (in) + 2x Height (in) = less than 130" • For orders that exceed the above can be shipped in multiple packages for small volumes or can shipped via Freight carrier contact us for freight shipping quote & volume discounts.
Hardwood & MDF Mouldings• Following UPS guidelines we can ship up to 150lbs per package with outside dimensions equal or less than 95″ x 8″ x 8″. Orders under 300ft will be shipped in multiple packages. • For orders of 300ft or more they can be shipped Freight in your choice of 8′ or 16′ lengths contact us for freight shipping quote & volume discounts
PlywoodFollowing UPS guidelines we can ship up to 150lbs per package with outside dimensions equal or less than: Length (in) + 2x Width (in) + 2x Height (in) = less than 130"
We can cut down sheets to meet the above guidelines to the sizes of your choice. Please place cut sizes in order notes, we will contact you to confirm your order. • For orders that exceed the above can be shipped in multiple packages for small volumes or can shipped via Freight carrier contact us for freight shipping quote & volume discounts.